Parent Partnership – Working with Parents
Here at Puddleducks we pride ourselves on our Parent Partnership. We believe the involvement of parents in children’s learning and their nursery life is crucial in promoting achievements and promoting the ethos and vision of our nursery.
We involve parents in all aspects of their child’s learning. Our key workers will have regular discussions with parents to enable both nursery and parents to support and extend their child’s learning both in the setting and at home.
We provide parents with:
- Introductory pack so that we can get to know your little one a little bit more,
- Settling in Sessions – these are to help us to get to know your little one, you can get to know us and your child can get to know us too,
- Newsletters including important information about nursery about upcoming events and celebrations,
- Questionnaires to parents/carers to ensure we are providing the best possible care and you can tell us what you like or don’t like about the nursery,
- Comments Box available for parents/carers to put their views or ideas. These can be anonymous or you can put your name on them so that we can catch up and feedback to you,
- Parents Evenings to discuss your child’s progress and a chance for you tell us anything you want us to be working on inside of nursery,
- Stay and Play Sessions for parents to attend and play with their children in nursery and see what we are learning about during our days,
- Parent Forums – a chance to talk to the staff in nursery, with no children, and discuss any ideas you may have for us with a brew and a biscuit,
- A Staff Team that are there to offer advise and build up a good relationship with you and your children,
- And many more ways of getting your thoughts and ideas for our nursery.